Friday 20 February 2009

Dinner with some more dear friends

My face as I opened the door to find Lorraine right at our door!

The 4 girls united again!




A toast to life!


It's now, Saturday Feb. 14th and some very dear friends are coming for some more celebrations. This time round the common language will be English, as people are from all over. The decoration I chose for the cake was a turn table, to honour the old vinyl LPs. The dinner was just as enjoyable and fun as the lunch and it had a huge surprise factor added to it.

The story goes like this: at some point during the day, my darling husband said that may be we could be ready some 20/30 minutes earlier, as foreigners do respect the time they are invited for. So, as the invitation had been for 8 PM, there we were, ready and watching BBC at 7:35 PM. At 7:45 sharp, the bell rang and as I walked to the door, I thought to myself: wow, Joel really hit the target, good for him! I had not idea which of our guests was so punctual to arrive at the party a bit earlier, but honestly, that was not a problem, as it was all set and ready to roll.

Oh my Lord help me here, as I opened the door, my very dear Lorraine, who is now living in Glasgow, Scotland, was right there, all dressed up, ready to hug me for my 50's! It was so totally unbelievable and at the same time so real. It was her, it was her laughter I was listening to, it was her bear hugs I was receiving... but how could it be, I had just received a card from her with the Royal stamp... it was her, here in HK, how awesome!! Thank you very much for all this team of people who put this delicious surprise together. Absolutely priceless sensation! I loved it, loved it!!

Dear K & L together with their darlings husbands, came to the dinner party together with Lorraine. I then found out that everybody else knew about the surprise, even Joel and Alice (in the UK), knew about it!

Because of privacy, I'm not posting pictures with everybody else.

3 comments:

  1. it was a great party! the food was AMAZING...the wine was free flowing, as was the humour. i caught up with old friends and met some very nice new people...and every single person there had something in common....we love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i forgot to say i LOVE the picture of you opening the door...the expression on your face is priceless!!! LOVE IT!!! such gorgeousness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful party, and I am so very glad you got a photo of you and Joel together, I remembered mentioning that to you during the night but realised when I got home that I didn't think we had taken one. You looked simply gorgeous in all your spangles and bling and those shoes were to die for- in more ways than one! LOL
    It was such fun to be in on the surprise of Lorraine's visit and the scrapbooker in me had to have the camera at the ready and trained on your face to capture that delight! Just priceless.....

    ReplyDelete