Tuesday 10 March 2009

What a bad hair morning I had today!



That is what I call a very bad hair morning!! Today I woke up with an alarm clock. Joel and I were busy early in the morning and my plan was:
- get up
- check emails
- take a shower which included washing my hair
- have breakfast with Darling husband
- get properly dressed
- dry my hair
- and leave home together with Joel

Well, it all sounds very easy and normal, but if you well remember, I have a LOT of hair and blow drying it can be quite a task!! Also, I have given up blow drying it on my own long ago, because it gets painful for my arms to do all that gymnastic. This means I have no practice in doing so.

However, today was a cold day for us here in HK and because of what my mother told me when I was a child, I still try to avoid going out in a cold weather day with wet hair. So, going back to my list above, the first 5 steps were easy and very doable. However, as I started step number 6... my very bad hair morning started too. The hair got tangled all over the brush, I mean all over the freaking brush. The more I tried to untangle it by myself, of course, you guessed it right, the worse it got! Right there and then, my friend Tess calls me and I tell her the nightmare I was living and she says:" take a picture and blog it", so voila... my tragic morning is here for you.

Cutting my hair off was not an option, so plan B had to come in. Joel and Alpha, our helper, had to cut off all the bristles from the brush and slowly untangle my hair. 50 minutes later, they successfully triumphed in returning me my brush free head... thank you thank you! Can you imagine if I were alone at home, what a drama it would have been?

4 comments:

  1. Odila, imagine if it was Joel having the brush in his hair!!!! Your day would end at the hospital!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog but the pictures make me want to say OUCH!!!

    you are so clever to cut all the bristles off the brush! don't touch that gorgeous hair of yours!

    your excited friend tess

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - how awful!!! Having way too much hair myself - there is an easier way!!! Have you ever tried a tourmaline hair dryer - very pricey but cuts drying time down to 1/3 (at least for me) and using tourmaline or ceramic hair brushes with no nobbies at the end of the bristles (they catch our thick hair).

    I want to see the scrapbook page that comes out of this morning! LOL Joel is a very very good man! Mark would have just laughed and gone on to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need a hairdresser? rs.

    ReplyDelete