Thursday 26 March 2009

Do I have love her or what?

Having fun with a cow's femur

With Joel on a dog walk in Central

Experimenting escalators for the 1st time, also in Central

Taking a nap with Alice, back in Shouson Hill

Anna and her, just before going for a swim with Siggy in a dam in Johannesburg

Do I love this dog or what? Oh man, she is adorable inspite, or may be because, of her personality!!

So, the other day, I had to get quotations to transport her to Angola. HK has some 3 or 4 companies that deal with exporting/importing pets. So I called them, starting by the same company who handled her and Siggy's arrival here in HK from South Africa, back in 2000 and the conversation went like this:
- Hello, may I speak to Angela, please?
- This is Angela, how can I help you?
- Oh hello Angela, my name is Odila Braga and my husband and I are about to move to Angola, in Africa. We have an eleven year old dog who is also going with us, therefore I would like to ask you for a quotation for her trip.
- Sure, thank you for calling. I need some information from you.
- Ok, what do you need?
- date of departure, spelling of your destination, preferred route if you have any, measurements of the dog, dog's name...

and then there was a slight silence and she continued:
- oh just a minute, I think I remember your dog.... do you live in Shouson Hill?
- well not anymore, but yes, we did live there when we first came.
- yes, yes, I remember your dog, Carlota Braga, is that right? Oh, yes, I remember her....

Now my dear friends... how could this lady remember Carlota, who she dealt with for 3 hours or so, almost 9 years ago?? Obviously Carlota showed poor Angela, a whole lot of attitude as this lady was trying to do her job of officiating their entry into the Country with chips and other bits and pieces. I had to burst out in a big laughter... oh Carlota!

Also, the other day, Alpha was walking Carlota when a Chinese lady stops in front of them, kind of interrupting their straight walking and started looking at Carlota from different angles, kind of looking for something on Carlota. Alpha then asks,
- any problems?
and the lady answers
- ... humm... Lota?
and Alpha says,
- you mean Carlota?
- yes yes, that is right, Calota (Chinese are not so good with the letter "r"), I emember her fom the old addess. Have you moved?
- yes, we are here now, Alpha says
- oh I see, Calota has gotten old, no? I emember her, she is so sweet!!

Honestly, someone who remembers Carlota for being sweet is someone who needs to be praised, LOL!!

Yesterday we had a bit of a scare. I had to take her for some bladder x-ray, as she has been peeing quite a bit. After trying 2 different medications with not so fantastic results, the vet said we needed to investigate further for the possibility of stone and or... tumour. So off she went for the day and wonderful news, nothing of the above is the problem. Wonderful news indeed!!

Oh Carlota, you are a pest who we so totally love! Thanks for the many funny memorable moments you have given us!

2 comments:

  1. So did the lady at the agency share with you WHY Carlota was so memorable to her? That should be a good story! I am assuming that she did not say that she wouldn't transport her so it has to be a loving story! I have this theory that dogs and their owners either look alike OR have similiar personality traits . . . Carlota is as full of life as YOU are, dear Odila!! (She doesn't look like YOU but maybe a little like JOEL!! LOL he will love that one.) Give Carlota a big hug for me please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad nothing is wrong with darling carlota!
    my fave pic is the one with her on the escalators! xo tess

    ReplyDelete