Monday 16 March 2009

Preparations to leave HK are on the way!

Here she is, the 600 + year old Pagoda in HK!!







Cute, hey?


This one is not so cute, I'd say more towards the "not so happy" side of life.



Her house is not in that perfect shape, but her mail box is! I Loved it!


Ok, so now that our move to Luanda, Angola, has been confirmed, we have tuned into the "leaving HK mode". This means doing some traditional things like quotes for the move, canceling some subscriptions, canceling the club membership's etc etc and it also means visiting places that for various reasons I had never been before. Shanghai is coming up this Thursday for a long weekend with 4 dear girls, obaaa! So looking forward for that.

But today, the focus is on this BEAUTIFUL and so historical place, that my also very dear friend, Kathryn, told me about. "Ping Shan Heritage Trail" in the New Territories here in HK. Can you imagine that 40 minutes away from our home, there is a Pagoda that is more than 600 years old? I could not believe it when she told me about it! We took a trip up there and I loved it all!! Of course, the great company helped it to be a marvelous morning. In my opinion, the "Study Hall" was the building I loved best.

This trail was a lovely surprise for me and also, it was a huge alarm for me to make sure that exploring a new place is REALLY exploring a new place and not just a couple of explorations as it best suits me, LOL!!

1 comment:

  1. the artist in you shines through these photos, dear Odila!
    Have you found suitable living quarters in Angola?

    ReplyDelete