Wednesday 4 March 2009

Wondering in my own thoughts!

a street in Bristol

Joel, Alice & David on a walk around Cultra, just outside Belfast.

a grandfather having some bonding time with is granddaughter?

mother and daughter on a hugging moment

Belfast's Parliament. Gorgeous, no?

Joel and C. S. Lewis having a peak inside the wardrobe.

on the way to Giant's Causeway

Carnlough
Carnlough
Everybody says there is pot of gold at the end of rainbows, right? This one was right before our eyes, but... I guess they forgot to bring the gold, LOL!


Giant's Causeway

Joel also at Giant's Causeway

Giant's Causeway
Me on the intricate stones at Giant's Causeway

Giant's Causeway


Well, many photos to share with you, but hey, can't avoid the fact that here we are, back in HK after a priceless trip to Bristol and Belfast. I know I'm repeating myself and I apologise here, but please bear with me... it was a whole lot of emotion and adrenaline going up and down my veins! My thoughts went way beyond the proud thing of having a daughter with a PhD, that too of course, but it was more than that. It's interesting how I had the same kind of thoughts as when Joel walked her down the aisle on both her wedding days (UK and Rio)... flashes and more flashes of her entire life kept coming to my mind. This time around, I had more time to elaborate those flashes, as the minutes were not limited to the lengths of the aisles, but to my desire in wondering... it's just so delicious to be able to do just that... wonder in your own thoughts, with no pressure of hurrying it up, wonder on your beloved daughter's life, looking at her entire life, i.e. from the very second she cried out for the first time to that very second I was in, and see it right there, laid flat on the table... I could see her results, her aproach to religion, her falls, her ways of solving the falls, her great moments, her relationships, her doings and her where abouts... in other words, I could see her all and that was magnificent!

Of course, this "wondering" can be done at any point in time of a person's life, but I felt it more special last week, as Alice was achieving the end of one more chapter of her life. Amen to God allowing me to witness this.

Also, this time, madam Carlota behaved beautifully well upon our return, LOL! We had to put into action a plan "C" for our arrival back home. You might not know, but on our previous 2 arrivals, Carlota played a trick on us and then, I thought she was about to departure from this life.

So, in order to avoid THE episode again, I called Alpha, our helper, from the airport express train to let her know the exact time we were getting home. The plan was that she would leave with Carlota for her morning walk before we got back in. And so it was! We came into an empty flat, (must confess that it was rather weird and not fun) and started unpacking. When they arrived back, I was having my shower and Joel doing stuff. Carlota sniffed him, the luggage and didn't even care to go as far as the bathroom to say hello to me (sniff sniff). Instead, she went to the kitchen to wait for her breakfast, as she always does! Great, we now know how to safely arrive back home, LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Odila, I don't even know where to start with this blog entry . . . Your pride and emotions of Alice and her accomplishments brought tears to my eyes. A young woman does not reach such a place in her life journey alone!
    Your pictures are all amazing and worthy of being in a book! The rainbow is perfect and the septia pictures - ahhhhh. I see another publishing potential in your future - the world as photographed by Odila Braga. So glad that Carlota survived your reentry and that you have found the method to avoid her elderly drama queen moments.

    ReplyDelete