Thursday 10 June 2010

Ai ai ai ui ui ui

Ai ai ai ui ui ui... the Football World Cup is about to start and oh gosh, the hearts are already palpitating with such a passion that I'm not sure I'll be able to take yet again, one more time!

The streets of Panama City are a huge big green and yellow. They are all supporting Brazil, so cute! Cars, home windows, shops, radio stations, TV channels... everywhere you look, you see something pointing to a Brazilian team fan. Oh well, let me be honest with you all who are not here... yes yes yes, every now and again, we do get to see Spanish, German and Argentinian flags lost here and there, but the vast majority is for Brazil... ouch what a responsibly!

Yesterday, I was inside the car, on the driver's seat waiting for Joel when a walking by policeman stopped for a chat. He had seen the Brazilian flag waiving on the back window. At first he thought I was Panamanian (I wonder about his hearing skills... where did my accent go?) but later I had that cleared by telling him that I was Brazilian and he went on and on about what wonderful people our team players are. Comfortable feeling to say the least!

Let's see how it all turns out. A repetition of the 2002 world cup would be more than fabulous! Tomorrow is the kick off, Mexico X South Africa. I really don't know who to support in this game. With all the history we have with Africa and yet more, with SA, I would be inclined to go for SA. But, because I'm now so close to Mexico, have wonderful Mexican friends and have this long lived passion for Mexican pre Colombian history, I'm a bit lost... hope it's a draw, ha ha ha.

Good luck to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment