Friday 1 May 2009

Coincidence or Godincidence?

So, in our long "to do" list, today was a packing day, where we would pack for the 4 months it will take us (or so we think) to see our boxes again. However, because the night was not well slept I ended up sleeping up until 10 AM. Then, when I woke up, I went to help Joel, to re-do our insurance list, because the lady from the moving company had pointed out some blanks we had left. These two things, delayed considerably my packing start.

Must say that counting with precision the number of knives, baking trays and underwear I have is not my dream, but apparently insurance companies are imposing new policies and off we were detailing our insurance list.

Due to all the above, I was only able to go into my room for packing much later, way later than planned, but never mind, at least the day today, was in line with this move, where nothing, absolutely nothing, I mean NOTHING has been smooth. We are having glitches in every aspect of the move. I mean, EVERY ASPECT of this move. Everybody is being very kind and polite with it all but nobody has ever been part a move to Angola, including us. No dogs have ever gone from Asia to Angola, at least not in recent recorded history, Alice & David could not come for the farewell party, the vet has never sent an animal to Angola, Joel's company has never sent a family to Angola, a melanoma was found in me and I had to go for 2 minor operations and so on... we are being guinea pigs and my friends, I tell you, you soon learn to add a considerable number of extra hours to have anything decided/ finalized!!

Concerning our travel itinerary from HK to Luanda, we are already in our plan C, i.e. our third itinerary. The first and quickest would be via Johannesburg, but going through South Africa meant Carlota would stay 28 hours in her box, leaving it just for a quick pee and poo. Then, itinerary # 2 was via London. Everything was ready for us to fly via Heathrow, including Alice spending the 12 hours of connection there with us, when we learned British Airways does not take boxers in their flights. So now, we are flying via Frankfurt and praying that the 1st leg, HK/ Frankfurt, does not delay, because we will have only 2.5 hours in Frankfurt to go through customs, meet Carlota, take her for a pee and poo and deliver her back for the second leg, Frankfurt/ Luanda. I'll tell you later how the connection went.

Anyway, going back to my packing... so there I was, in my room, looking at my closet with that "I want my mother" type of look... seriously not knowing what to pack and what to leave for the packers. To break my despair, I decided to turn on CNN to update myself a bit. I haven't been able to hear news and therefore am a bit un-knowledgeable on recent facts. About 10 minutes after I turned on the TV, CNN had a commercial break and voila... a beautiful advertisement on Angola never seen before nor after (CNN is still on, I want to see the add again)! I just couldn't believe and of course my eyes were filled with tears. What a positive support it was coming to me at the very right minute... coincidence or Godincidence?

3 comments:

  1. i'm going to go with God.

    and He is going (or staying, depends on your perspective!) with you.
    xo tess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tess! He is there at every moment and knows when we need reassurance and support. We just have to pay attention to Him. I am so glad that you were listening!

    My thoughts are with you through this very trying time! You are one brave woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest! You know God is where you fell HIM to be... so it is really Godincidence. You know that after leaving your home on my dreadful leaving stint, boarding the plane after literally EVERYTHING was inviting us to leave HK behind... I turned on the TV, and there was CNN! I told José: she will be fine. Yes, sweetie, I know you will be able to make all the best moments out of Luanda, the earth, the moon. :-)

    ReplyDelete