Friday 19 February 2010

... and so my little one became a Doctor!



February 16th, 2010, certainly a wonderful day for me or for any parent for that matter. Our little one, now no longer a little one, was being called up on stage to receive her Doctor's degree. Wow, what a good feeling that was! I've been thinking how to describe it for the ones who were not there, but have failed to come up with words that could perfectly describe the emotions and thoughts that went round and round in my mind while she was going up the few steps, walking towards the Chancellor, away from the Chancellor and down the other few steps... just so difficult, so thrilling so wow... and as I have not come up with any words, I thought that posting the "extremely sharp and perfect picture" I took right at the moment she was being greeted by the chancellor would express my feelings. Enjoy it!

The festive and celebratory week is unfortunately over. Joel is on his way back to Panama, Anna in London going to Dublin, Alice and David getting on with their lives and as for me, taking off to Bombay tomorrow for a wedding, where I will meet 3 very dear friends from Hong Kong. After the wedding we will enjoy a trip to some parts of India. Looking forward for that too!

4 comments:

  1. I think the picture of the three of you best describes what a monumental, thrilling, overwhelming, proud, humbling, thankful, happy moment it was for you!
    Well done Alice ~ and well done Odila and Joel.
    We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, all your emotions are there in the "extremely sharp" perfect picture. It was so good to catch up with you in person in Bristol.
    Happy and safe travels to India and my love to your three travelling companions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing compares to the surprise of the feelings that are created by what your kids do! You look so beautiful my lovely friend and it was such a blessing seeing you in Bristol. Liz xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parabéns à Doutora Alice e à você Odila e ao Joel.

    ReplyDelete