Wednesday 6 January 2010

Gee, how good it's to have a home!

I know my title is so cliche and obvious, but how true it is! You know when you don't realize you are missing something until you have it? Right, that is exactly how I am feeling right now. I have a fixed home and that is so good!!!

In this trip to the US, we went to some shops that sell stuff for homes, like the wonderful "Bed Bath & Beyond". For those who know the shop (and if you don't but like home stuff, I suggest you add it to your next trip to the US. You won't regret it LOL), you can easily picture the many alleys selling all those little bits and pieces we "really need" for our home, right?

So, we went into a really big one in Houston and I asked Joel as we entered that terrestrial paradise:
- Darling husby, can you please do me a big favor?
- Sure, what's up?
- Can you please forget I ever existed in your life, just for the next 3 hours?

The poor man, being married to me for more than a decade, got it immediately, gave me a big smile, hugged me strong and whispered in my ears:
- Go for it Babe!
And being the very obedient wife that I am, I went!!

But all this long story to say that as I was leisurely strolling by the alleys and loving it all, I tried to fit in our home or life all those gadgets and here is where I had the comfortable feeling of "yes, I now have a home,"coming to my head.

Every time I saw something potentially usable, I would try to place it in whatever room it was suitable for and a long film with the different places I've actually had or almost had in these two years would pass before my eyes until it finally stopped here in Panama City. I felt like my brain was doing its best trying to find where was home in that very day. It was like old time researchers going quickly through indexes cards looking for the information of whatever it was they were looking for... ... Oh, what a relief and cozy sensation it was to find our flat here in Panama sitting at the end of my thoughts.

Our flight back to Panama City (PTY) was at night and as the pilot announced our final descend into PTY I looked out in the window. It was a very clear night, the lights of the city were flickering, the Bridge of the Americas was beautifully lit, the Causeway strip laying peacefully on the Pacific, the many ships heading to the Caribbean waiting for their turn to enter the Canal or ships having just come from the Caribbean, helped giving the picture a comfortable feeling of "home sweet home"... it felt good to be welcomed to Panama and be able to go to the "Residents booths at immigration"!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I have been admiring a door mat for quite some time and I am contemplatin whether to buy it or not. It is an elegant dark grey and it simply has "home" written on it. Yes, it is wonderful that you finally have a home base. May it always be filled with grace and peace. Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture and miss you both. Congratulations on your new home... oh and don't sell out on Canadian Immigration - they will come around eventually!

    ReplyDelete