Friday 2 October 2009

Obaaaa, Rio 2016!!

I've been watching "CNN en Espanol" that is showing the Olympic Committee in Copenhagen on its final moments before announcing who will host the 2016 Olympics. I think I've just lost all my nails and have surely gained loads of gray hair, as if I needed any more!

Rio has just made it and it will be hosting the 2016 Olympics!! How cool my friends!

I'm so happy and proud of it! Ok ok ok, I know, I know... I have not done a single little thing towards this moment we, Brazilians, are living this very second, but never the less, it's an awesome feeling!! Good for us and sorry for the complete lack of humbleness here,... good for all those that will be able to make it there, becasue it's a GORGEOUS place of this planet!! God was in such inspired moment when he created that place.... I tell you!!

Photo by Fernanda Coelho
As if that were not enough, Forbes Magazine, has just voted Rio de Janeiro as being the happiest city in the world!

Bravo Cariocas, we made it!! Both photos below by David Scott
Care for some really ice lemon tea?
Old Rio
Spices in a market

1 comment:

  1. bella!
    i was following the live reports out of copenhagen as well...and oh the looks on some faces when chicago was declared out on the first round! and then the anguish when there was that white envelope that declared the envelope that was in plain sight and it took forever to open it but when they did the wait was worth it! viva rio! what wonderful news!!! can only imagine your joy!!!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete