Monday 26 January 2009

Going back home

So, here I am back in Jo'burg on my way to HK. The one daily flight from Luanda to Jo'burg gets in later then flight to HK leaves, so I had to stay over a night here, which was great, because I could meet 2 families from our days here for dinner. Great chat and life up dates.

Joel stayed behind in Angola for some more business.

Ok, so what to say about all this trip? Don't know yet! Yesterday, Sunday, we had lunch with a Brazilian couple, friends of friends and it was very good, because not only they are fun to be with, as they were able to give us trillion tips about living in Luanda.

Visiting Luanda brought to my head an endless sequence of thoughts, reactions and sensations, which will be slowly digested by me. Funny, although I love photographs and did take a camera to this trip, I was so overwhelmed that am going back home with very few pictures taken. I ended up only shooting pics of the nice parts of Luanda and thought better not to register the not so nice scenes. Angola is on the right path, it will be a great and organized place to live in a decade or a bit more. They want the change and it will happen, they are all exhausted of this war thing. They are slowly but surely getting there.... God bless them and help the business men involved in bringing Angola back to life.

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you are coming back...I know it is for a short time, but I miss you!!! Looking forward to hearing more news and stories from Luanda. Call you tomorrow!!! Have a nice trip back! kisses... Tati

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to wish you a very happy year of the OX!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip home. Give Carlota a hug for me when you arrive. I hope that she welcomes you home with a little less drama than last time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i found a couple of blogs for you to read. will pass on later.
    xo tess

    ReplyDelete