Saturday 20 March 2010

What's wrong with humans?

Now you tell me, what's wrong with human race? Why is it that people save, or not, for their holidays, plan a trip, study all the museums, historical facts, sites, best restaurants and hotels in the places they are visiting and when they get there, they add a city tour that includes visits to local shanty towns and alike?

I've been sick, got a gastroenteritis that took me to the hospital and out of life for a while. When I got back home, I was really slow and down, therefore with loads of thinking time... and even with all this free time to think, I still did not get the point why exposing poor people as if they were residents of a zoo? Are the tourists going to do something about it or just shoot photos/ videos, pretend they got impressed with the conditions and once they get back home, forget all about it?

With the traveling mileage I have, I don't get the point of doing such visits... maybe as I gain more experience in traveling, I will get it one day. For now, I think it's an appalling attitude of 1st world travelers.

1 comment:

  1. hi darling! it's the sad state of human kind I'm afraid! we are too scared to get involved and think we might catch something from the underprivileged!

    how are you otherwise? I miss you a lot!

    Come and look at my blog http://tckscrapbooker.blogspot.com/
    - yes, I have surrendered to it too!! love to Joel too!

    Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete